Who should attend?
For all who would like an introduction to advanced service techniques and already have at least two years of experience in the restaurant / catering / hotel industry.
How will you benefit?
This course is aimed at employees who already have experience in the restaurant / catering / hotel industry, but in the future will be expected to assist guests as well as the management in choosing wines and compiling a wine list. They will also learn how to serve customers using advanced service techniques.
On completion of the programme, a candidate will be able to:
- Name the main wine service roles in restaurants and describe the typical responsibilities of people in these roles.
- List and competently follow the service sequence for white, red and sparkling wines, including wines that need to be decanted.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills by identifying and meeting customer needs and maintaining a pleasant, professional manner when dealing with unusual or difficult customers.
- Describe the particular wines on your wine list to customers and provide other details such as origin, production method and information about the producer where appropriate.
- Demonstrate the ability to maximise sales and optimise the guest experience through up-selling.
- Apply the principles of food and wine matching to select wines to partner dishes, in the context of the guests personal preferences and budget.
- Identify customer problems and resolve them in a way that meets their needs and the business needs.
- Assist in the creation and ongoing development of a wine list, including offering advice on the selection and pricing of wines to meet customer and business needs.
- Share your wine service expertise with other members of the service team in informal training sessions.
To gain the Advanced Techniques in Wine Service qualification candidates will be required to:
Complete a programme of training
There are three parts to the Advanced Techniques in Wine Service qualification :
- Demonstration of basic restaurant service skills in a short role-play based on a typical restaurant scenario. (This is the same as the assessment for the course: “Introduction to Wine Service”. Candidates who already hold this qualification or possess a similar level of experience, do not need to repeat this part).
- Creation of a session plan for a short training session on a particular aspect of wine service to be assigned by your assessor.
- Delivery of the training session you have created. This will include a demonstration to a small class of the particular wine service aspect assigned by your assessor, followed by questions on this subject.
Required prior knowledge for course: – Introduction to Wine Service or a similar level of competence (which will be assessed prior to gaining entry into the programme). Candidates should also have at least completed and passed the Level 2 – WSET® Award in Wines qualification.
(N.B. if you are not sure, contact us, so that we can help you choose the course level according to your needs and objectives).
Guided learning hours: – It is recommended that the teaching time is no less than 12 hours and should be no more than 15 hours
Progression Routes – upon successful completion of the Advanced Techniques in Wine Service qualification, the candidate may progress to the following qualifications:
WSET® Level 3 Award in Wines: – The WSET® Level 3 Award in Wines is designed to give a thorough understanding of the factors that account for the style, quality and price of the principal still, sparkling and fortified wines of the world. The qualification will assist those who are required to make professional evaluations of wines with regards to their style, quality and price. The qualification provides the in-depth product knowledge required to underpin job skills and competencies, for example in product selection in the retail and hospitality sectors
Matching wine with food by preparation method: – this workshop uses the preparation method to the dish as a basis for the wine and food matching process. Even though there are principles that are a general guideline, we will be introducing you to a method where your customers as well as yourself will be able to turn a meal into an “experience”.
Wine List and Cellar Management: – this course will introduce you to various methods used to make a wine list stand out to a customer and also enable the customer to make a choice in an efficient manner with or without our assistance. You will also be learning how the wines we select for a wine list will also need to be taken account for our cellar management and how to maintain a budget for our cellar purchases and still keep our profit margins.