Who should attend?
This course is designed for professionals in the spirits and liqueurs industry, as well as those with a passion for the subject.
If you want to learn more about spirits and liqueurs, you will learn about the main production methods and raw materials, and how they influence the different styles of spirits. You will also learn about the basic principles of serving spirits and their use in cocktails.
How will you benefit?
- Influence of production methods on the characteristics of spirits and liqueurs
- Characteristics of the main spirits and liqueurs in the world
- Evaluation of a spirit using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (Level 2)
Outline of the programme
- the spirits market
- Brandy, Scotch Whisky, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Tequila
- Gin and other flavoured spirits
- Liqueurs and brandies (clear)
- tasting of spirits, using the WSET Level 2 systematic approach to tasting
To gain the Level 2 qualification, candidates will be required to:
- a multiple choice paper of 50 questions
N.B. Teaching, study materials and examination in the English language
Included in the course fee: – study materials, spirits, Wine and Spirit Education Trust exam (recognised in over 80 countries worldwide), tuition and access to the study support site for the duration of the course
Knowledge required to access the course – None
N.B. if you are unsure, please contact us, so that we can help you choose the level of the course according to your needs and objectives.