Who should attend?
The WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines is intended for people who have little or no prior knowledge. It is suitable wherever a good level of wine knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies, for example in the customer service and sales functions of hospitality, retail and wholesale industries. It is also useful for those who have a general interest in wine and wish to broaden their knowledge.
How will you benefit?
Successful candidates will be able to describe and compare the styles of wines produced from internationally and regionally important grape varieties, interpret wine labels from the main wine-producing regions of the world and give basic guidance on appropriate selection and service, as well as understand the principles of wine tasting and evaluation.
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET® Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from the eight principal grape varieties:
- Pinot Grigio / Pinot Gris
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pinot Noir
- Syrah / Shiraz
- The style and quality of wines:
- made from 22 regionally important grape varieties
- produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
- How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of:
- Sparkling wines
- Fortified wines
- Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
- Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
- Principles of food and wine pairing
To gain the Level 2 qualification, candidates will be required to:
- a multiple choice paper of 50 questions
The course fee includes study materials, access to the study support site for the duration of the course and the WSET® Level 2 wine examination on our premises (recognised in over 80 countries worldwide) .
Please create your profile and log in to reserve your place on this course.
N.B. We accept payment by credit card through the SumUp payment system, but you can also pay by bank transfer. Please note that we will need you to complete the registration information in order to complete the registration process as quickly as possible for you.
Please note that you are expected to complete the course and examination on the stated date. Should you be unable to sit the examination on the stated date, you are required to submit a medical certificate prior to the examination date.
Following the submission of the medical certificate, you have three months to complete the examination.